Lagos State Audit Service Commission 2017-Till Date (Director Recruitment & Appeal), College of Health Technology, 8 Harvey Road, Yaba 2016-2017 (Registrar/Director & HR) Office of Establishments and Training 2015-2016 (Director Human Resource & Admin), etc.
Mrs. ‘Gbemisola Rufai is a workaholic, a goal-getter, ambitious but diligent in delivering her responsibilities. She is an obedient Civil Servant who readily mentors, teaches and leads her subordinates in achieving greater heights. This had earned her (to the Glory of God and by dint of hard work) various COMMENDATIONS from her Superior Officers as well as Colleagues and Subordinates.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- A Certified Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM),
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
- Member, Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM, Miami, USA)
Social/Welfare & Charity Works
She is a dedicated social worker, meticulous organizer of youth activities and is widely traveled (locally and internationally) both in her professional life and as a member of Inner Wheel Club of Nigeria. She belongs to Inner Wheel Club which is an International Organization since 1989 when her husband was inducted into Rotary International Club Oregun. She attended Inner Wheel Conventions in India, Turkey, Australia just to mention a few.
At the Inner Wheel, she rose from being a Club member to holding various posts i.e. President, Treasurer, Secretary, Vice President, etc and also held positions at the District level from Editor, International Service Organizer (ISO), Treasurer, Vice Chairman to the Highest Position – District Chairman in 2017/2018.
During the period as the District Chairman, (2017/2018) she led others to attain great heights in humanitarian services such as:
- Advocacy on Awareness on Breast Cancer which she took to the Lagos State House of Assembly and also met with the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, lending voice to the bill for cancer which was approved by the Lagos State Governor Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, established Pink Cruise Early Detection Trucks for Cancer Treatment in the Five Division of Lagos State.
- Convened, Training and Empowering 36 women and youth in various trades (Tailoring, Catering, Beads making, Hall Decoration, Hairdressing and Make Up) in Lagos State. This project and its poem won the 1st Runner Up for Nigeria at the Inner Wheel Convention/Conference in Melbourne, Australia 2018.
- Awareness of Inner Wheel was more established during this period through the Print, Electronic and Social Network this brought about an explosion in its membership drive thereby increased the membership in Year 2017/2018.
- Mrs. ‘Gbemisola Rufai would not stop at anything to bring the Club to the doorstep of assistance this made her meet with Mrs. Bilqis Abiola the GM LASPARK, and sparked a relationship and was able to give the Club enough seedlings to plant all over Lagos Environ.
- Renovation and beautifying the Inner Wheel Vocational Centre at Amuwo
- During this year also donations of Computers and accessories from Austria Embassy and 15 Indigent youths were trained in ICT for a period of 3 months.
- Advocacy on End Violence against Women and Girls
- Advocacy on Global Hand Washing against Monkeypox
- Advocacy on Feeding the Widows
- Sponsored two indigent students for Leadership Training at the Sea School, Apapa
- Awareness Campaign on Safety in Schools in Lagos State, etc.
Mrs. ‘Gbemisola Rufai diligently revived Inner Wheel Clubs that had gone into comatose for about seven (7) years plus and have them functioning now. For her good job, she equally won several awards in Inner Wheel due to her good human nature and ready to work attitude.
Glance Fancier International Foundation
All the aforementioned activities have endeared her to humanitarian services thus the Formal Launch of her (NGO) GLANCE FANCIER INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION for the services of the less privileged in our Society today. After statutory retirement from Public Service and having meritoriously served Inner Wheel Club of Nigeria, she is now devoting all her energy, time, resources, goodwill to the upliftment and service of Humanity
She met her heartthrob, Arc Abiodun Rufai 40 years ago, precisely December 1979 and they got married in December 1986. Their marriage is blessed (amongst other things) with Two Sons and One Daughter. They are Arc. Damola Rufai, Chartered Acct. Adunni Rufai and Arc. Toluwalase Rufai. Mrs. ‘Gbemisola Rufai radiates warmth and love around her family/space, she equally enjoys tremendous affection and support from her husband and the children, extended family members, friends and colleagues also cherish the joyful ambience and camaraderie she creates around her environment.
Mrs. Adegbemisola Fathiat Amoke Rufai loves reading, watching movies, listening to News, gardening and assisting the needy in the society. She is an extrovert, a team player/leader, makes friends easily and has global views on issues.